The Pleasantville Fire Department is located at 1 N. First Street, Pleasantville, New Jersey 08232.
Secretary – Monica R. Hunter
Acting Fire Chief - Stephen Wilkins
There are several departments within such as:
Fire Prevention Bureau - Deron Smith, Fire Official
• Fire/Carbon Monoxide/Fire Extinguisher Certifications are required anytime a Certificate of Occupancy is obtained. That is whenever a residential dwelling is being rented or sold. The fee required is $35. Certifications requested within 24 hrs. require a $100 fee.
• A Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detector must be placed in the common area where the bedrooms are. In addition, a smoke detector must be placed on any additional levels of the home including basement. Fire extinguishers are required in 1, 2 and 3 family dwellings only. A fire extinguisher must be located within 10 feet of the kitchen area. The size shall be no smaller than 2A:1-B:C rated for residential use and no more than 10 lbs.
• Permits for bonfires, torch flame, open flame, welding cutting, public assembly, cooking must be obtained. The fee required is $35 each incident.
Fire Investigations - Captain Eugene Wellington
• Fire Reports. Fee required: .75 per page.
• Juvenile Firesetter Program
Emergency Management - Deron Smith
EMS - Captain Thomas Higgins, Monica R. Hunter
• EMS Reports (HIPPA Laws apply)
• Ambulance services and any billing questions.
Training Bureau – Captain Chad Warmoth
Copyright © Pleasantville, NJ - All RIghts Reserved